My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://baanjochim.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

2548-05-18

MY DAD THE RACE CAR DRIVER

Dad's 70th birthday was last Friday. My sister's gift to him was the "Richard Petty Driving Experience" in which he was instructed and then drove eight laps around the Kansas Motor Speedway in a 358-cubic inch V-8 Nascar racecar. What an excellent gift! (And one I've been working hard to top -- or at least come close to; he's receiving his gift from me when the entire family comes to New Mexico in August.)

Dad did pretty good, reaching a peak speed of 129 miles per hour and an average of 108mph during the eight laps. My sister said the slowest person that day never got above 85mph or so.

Marilyn just sent me several photos they took that day. I think Dad looks pretty cool as a race car driver (click on the photos to see a larger version):



By a nice coincidence, my Uncle Ron (Mom's younger brother), was in town from the Washington, D.C. area for a brief visit so he was able to partake in the birthday celebrations as well:


And of course, my brother-in-law Keith and nephew Spencer (our own "Speed Racer") had a ball as well:


I think for Dad's 75th, he should be given the fighter pilot flight and for his 80th, perhaps skydiving is in order. As healthy as he is, he'll be doing this kind of stuff for a very long time.

Happy birthday, Dad! (Marilyn, too -- her's was last Saturday.)

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: