My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://baanjochim.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

2548-04-17

TOP 10 FAVORITE MOVIES

While searching my DVD library for a good movie to watch on a rainy/lazy Sunday, I began thinking about my all-time favorite movies. I also thought about making a cool blog post listing them -- complete with thumbnails of the DVD covers, links to their pages on Amazon.com so I would get paid a few cents if you happened to buy any of them using the click-through, and short (yeah, right) reviews of each.

But while I was compiling my list (not so easy after the top three or four), a funny thing happened -- the rain stopped and the sun came out. I'd rather run a few errands (perhaps even walk to the post office) than be cooped up inside writing another long post and watching an old movie (will do the latter tonight if I'm still in the mood).

Anyway, here's the unannotated list:

1) To Kill A Mockingbird ((1962)
2) To Sir, With Love (1967)
3) The Great Escape (1963)
4) Lost Horizon (1937)
5) Patton (1970)
6) Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000)
7) Great Expectations (1946)
8) Kelly's Heroes (1970)
9) The Dirty Dozen (1967)
10) Kill Bill, Vol. 1 (2003)
Recently, I've noticed that the movies I enjoy watching most are either B-grades from the 1930's and 1940's or recent Chinese-produced movies (not necessarily the epic martial arts films like Hero or House Of Flying Daggers -- although both of those are in my Top 20 -- but story-driven pieces such as The Road Home, Beijing Bicycle, and Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter...and Spring).

In fact, that sounds like a good subject for a future blog post: favorite foreign movies.

For now, however, I'm going to enjoy a bit of outdoor New Mexico.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: