My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://baanjochim.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

2549-08-12

SOI DOG BLUES BAND

Growing up in Kansas City, one of my favorite musical genres has long been the blues.  Artists such as Buddy Guy, Stevie Ray Vaughan, John Mayall, and the bluesier works of Eric Clapton count among my all-time faves.  I used to be a regular at Kansas City's Grand Emporium (voted Best Blues Club in America for many years in a row).  After moving to New Mexico, I found a small but thriving blues scene with one or two good clubs and an annual blues festival over in Madrid on the Turquoise Trail.  A number of fine regional blues artists also played shows nearby, most notably Los Lonely Boys from San Angelo, Texas.


So, I was thrilled earlier this morning to discover the existence of a highly-regarded Thai blues band — the Soi Dog Blues Band (found while looking up the link for Phuket's Soi Dog Foundation).  They're based in Bangkok and play regular gigs at Tokyo Joe's on Sukhumvit Soi 24 where I doubt I'll be able to get to anytime soon.  Lo and behold, they are scheduled to play down here as part of the Phuket International Blues Festival next February.  I'm really looking forward to this!

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: